Raul’s Rules For Interviewing Your Contractor: (Call Raul at 951-255-9019)
Before hiring your next contractor, interview and research them well! A general contractor is a professional that provides a service to you like a dentist, doctor, or gardener would. There are obvious differences in the types of credentials they may have, however the fact remains they must have credentials. In addition to credentials you are
also looking for someone you can trust, someone who has good time management skills; a person who you can rely on to keep their scheduled appointments with you, someone personable, and someone who you feel will give you honest advice, all at a competitive price.
To help you with your general contractor interview below are a few questions
that will help you get to know your general contractor prospects.
Remember-the better the relationship is between you and your contractor,
the more successful your project will be!
- 1. Why are you a general contractor?
- 2. Do you have a current contractor’s license?
- 3. How many years have you had your license?
- 4. Do you provide a reference list?
- 5. When I call your references what will they tell me was your greatest asset and what were they dissatisfied with?
- 6. Who will be in charge of our job?
- 7. What are your working hours?
- 8. When you estimate the amount of time it takes to complete my project, once you get started can I count on you completing the project within the time estimate you give me. More specifically If my project estimate is 2 weeks, will it be done in two weeks or is that 2 weeks over a period of 2 months for example.
- 9. My project requires that you work inside my home, what are you work habits related to protecting my carpet, furniture, flooring etc.
- 10. Will you pull a permit for this job? (HINT: If the contractor is reluctant to pull a permit for the project, then they are probably not qualified to do so and this is a good indication that you should not consider them as a candidate for your project.)
We are a business friendly company. If we can’t do your project we know someone that can.
Call us at 951-255-9019, or e-mail us now, and we will be happy to provide you with a FREE ESTIMATE for your next home improvement project. If we can’t schedule your project or determine that you need a specialized contractor we will refer you onto a qualified contractor we trust.